Samoa Apia Mission - March 2015 - 2017

Friday, December 25, 2015

Nov 9

"just an average sunset. eh."
Well well, here we are again. Howdy to all ya'll. 
 
I feel like I am giving a speech or something every time I am writing the weekly email... so today we are changing it up. This week I am going to give out assignments and have you guys do the speech. 
 
Right now in this mission our mission president is really stressing that we learn as much as we can about 2 very important stories. We all know these stories, we hear about them every week at church (unless you are not listening). What I want to do is ask all of you to research these stories, no matter how much you think you know about them already, and then email me and let me know what you have learned. If it takes a couple weeks that is fine, but I would like to invite and encourage all you to do this and invite others to do this as well. 
 
These two stories are the two most important stories to each of us in these latter days. The first is the story of the Atonement of Jesus Christ, and the second is the story of Joseph Smith's first vision. As I have been studying and pondering about these two stories I have learned more about their relevance to me personally. I have heard about these two stories since as long as I can remember and I have always known that they are important. But I never really took the time to actually sit down and do a good study of them. 
 
The Atonement is the most important thing that has ever happened since this world was created. Without it we would be living a pointless life because we would have no doubt where we would be going after this life. We would have nothing to work towards, no hope, and no happiness. The first vision of Joseph Smith is the most important event in these latter days. Without the first vision we would not have the fullness of the gospel. We would not be able to enjoy the full blessings of the Atonement of Jesus Christ. Anyways, I would love to get emails from all of you sharing your thoughts on these 2 stories.

This week:
Fought more dogs, and won.
Saw a crab fight.
Got given bikes by a random man on the street.

Yo and also if you want to just email me questions about the mission then I will answer some of them in the weekly update. I sometimes run out of things to write about.

Love you all! Please keep me updated about your lives!
-Elder Lamoreaux

No comments:

Post a Comment