Samoa Apia Mission - March 2015 - 2017

Sunday, May 10, 2015

First letter from Samoa

This week has been awesome. I have arrived safely in Samoa and am going right to work. On the plane ride over to Samoa I sat by a man named Jack. He is a yoga teacher who travels all over the world teaching yoga. He is also looking into a lot of different religions looking for the truth. I had prayed before the plane ride that I would be able to find someone who was seeking truth and I know Jack was an answer to my prayer. He asked about the Book of Mormon and I was able to teach him about it and give him a copy. He was very thankful for it and I am sure that I planted a seed in good ground. 
 
Over here in Samoa I have been able to meet some awesome people who are only kept from the truth because they know not where to find it. My companion and I are on the island of Upolu in the area of Faleasi`u. It is a good area but there haven't been any baptisms for a while. 
 
In my first week here we have got one baptismal date set and we have a couple more people who I am sure will have a date soon. The investigator who has a baptismal date is named Tutogi. 
 
Another favorite investigator is named Tene. I have attached a picture of him. He brings us koko in the morning and gives us mea ai (food). 
 
 
My comp's name is Elder Tutunoa (To-to-noah) he is from new Zealand. 
 
Alofa atu ia te outou!
Elder Lamoreaux

No comments:

Post a Comment