Samoa Apia Mission - March 2015 - 2017

Sunday, May 17, 2015

From Grandma & Grandpa Lamoreaux

Dear Bob & Tasha,

We received this email from the temple recorder.  Thought you might be interested. 

Talofa !!
What a pleasant surprise .. I wasn't at work when our missionary Elder Lamoreaux arrived and attend the temple! I spoke with APs next day and he had shifted to a village on the way to the airport. I wasn't happy [I didn't] get to see him and going visit is breaking mission rules and I didn't want to do that.

This week we had visitors from SLC Temp dept doing temple facilities inspections. Today they rerun home and I wasn't meant to drop them off at airport but last minute I told one of our guys that I will take our guests to the airport & discuss some other items..

Well on the way home from airport I saw these missionaries, 4 elders: 3 Samoans & Palagi with two Samoan sisters ..waiting for a bus. I pulled over picked them up and they started introducing themselves... The Palagi name sound like Lamoreaux from the Samoan elder... I says are you the Elder Lamoreaux he smiled and says Yes! Not a coincidence the Lord knew I wanted to see the Elder...  I was directed to him. Fine looking young man. Had the grandmothers beautiful smile!! ......And the grandfathers handsome looks!!

What a great day I've had today!

Hope yours was also...With much Alofas !

No comments:

Post a Comment