Samoa Apia Mission - March 2015 - 2017

Sunday, July 5, 2015

3 Weddings!


This week my companion and I married 3 of our investigators. Like, got them married. ;) We have been working with these investigators for a while now and its awesome to see them take such a big step in their journey to Christ.

Elder Tutunoa and I got to be the witnesses for the weddings and sign the wedding paper and all that cool stuff. The couples that we got married were: Fa`aolataga and Sosefina, Mefi and Tina, and Sina and Puasa. We will be baptizing Sina this Saturday. Sosefina and Mefi will be baptized soon as well.

Everything is going well here, the work is very blessed and my comp and I are working very hard to bring people to Christ. I have found that this area has been totally dead as far as baptisms or anything for a long time. It has the reputation of being a very difficult area, but we have found that as we put in all the effort we can, and most importantly rely on the Lord, He blesses us to find  those who are seeking truth. When we give our weekly and monthly reports to the ward and stake, people are surprised to hear how much success we are having. As we have helped the work get up and moving in this area, the ward members have seen what we are doing and they are trying to help us at every opportunity. Almost every day we have ward members show up asking if they can come to our visits with us that day. Its awesome. The more they help the faster the work goes.

One of my favorite things to do is to take the long jungle walks to visits. We get to hack a trail through the jungle with machetes, heh heh. It makes me smile with savage delight. 

Food here is awesome. Funny story, the first day I got here I ate taro, lu`au, and niu. I tried them and I remember thinking that I had never had anything this nasty in my life. I knew that I would be eating these things every day though, so I prayed that I would be able to like them. The next time I had them I was amazed at how good they were. Now I like them so much that I have gained... a certain amount of weight. ;) haha.

Well, that's all for this week. Always remember to read your scriptures and say your prayers every day.
Alofa atu ia te outou!
-Elder Lamoreaux

No comments:

Post a Comment